Mary's Skin Tips
Hiiiii beet babes!
Mary here! I'm thrilled you're here and ready to read about my skincare tips.
It's taken me years to develop my skincare habits and really find out what works for me & what doesn't.
It's important to remember that our skin is unique just like us, so always do what's right for YOU.
1. Exfoliate your knees & apply facial oil!
- Wait, what?
- Yes! Exfoliate your knees. Just like our hands, they see a LOT of sun damage and we tend to leave them behind when it comes to skincare.
- Just as you would exfoliate your face, use a scrub and exfoliating gloves.
- After you're done, apply glowing facial ládi or whatever non-toxic facial oil you have on hand. I recommend using something with rosehip oil for dark spots if possible.
2. Apply sunscreen to your hands.
- I feel like more and more people are starting to do this!
- Our hands go through a lot when it comes to extreme weather conditions & we often neglect them.
- Apply spf 30 to your hands in the morning and apply again as necessary.
- Have you ever thought about how much sun hits them when we're driving too?!
3. Dry Brushing
- I was not always team dry brushing and that's because I didn't realize how beneficial it was.
- Dry brushing is important because it eliminates dead skin coatings.
- According to the Cleveland Clinic, dry brushing can help detoxify by increasing blood circulation and promoting lymph flow/drainage.
- It can help unclog pores in the exfoliation process + stimulate your nervous system, which can make you feel more energized afterward.
4. Masks for your hands
- Just as you use a mask for your face, use one on your hands but make sure it's for hydration and not acne- you don't want to dry the skin.
- Pick your favorite non-toxic moisturizing mask and leave it on your hands for as long as the directions say.
- This goes back to my comments above, the skin on our hands goes through a lot!
5. Use glowing facial ládi on your bikini line if you're prone to bumps and razor burns.
- Many of us get razor burn and ingrown hairs, so it's crucial to treat the area after you shave.
- I recommend exfoliating after you shave and then apply soothing oil to your bikini line.
- ládi is rich in lavender oil, which has anti-bacterial properties and deeply hydrating avocado oil.
6. Use aloe vera (the real thing) on your extra dry skin and acne
- Aloe vera has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which has led to its use in treating acne.
- Apply the clear gel directly to the face as a mask
- Aloe vera gel has bioactive compounds in the plant that are rich in vitamins A, B, C, D and E as well as minerals like magnesium, potassium and zinc.
7. Cleanse your face with olive oil before using face wash
- Once you try it, you will understand!
- Using dry hands, take a quarter size of organic olive oil and rub it into your skin like a cleanser.
- Use a face towel soaked in warm water to wipe it off.
- This is a great way to make sure no makeup is left behind and plus, olive oil is wonderful for your skin.
Hope you enjoyed and much more to come!